ABOUT THE COMPANY
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired, and appealing products for faculty and academic communities. By providing the first administrative enterprise SaaS solution to facilitate academic decision support, Interfolio has built an engine for intelligent decision making in higher education. ByCommittee, Interfolio’s enterprise solution for committee workflow management, provides a platform for analytics and business intelligence to help universities make informed, strategic decisions about recruitment, tenure, and professional service. Interfolio is the first mover in defining and leading the market for faculty support solutions that cultivate goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
What’s even better than that? We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
LIKE WHAT YOU'VE HEARD SO FAR?
Then consider joining our Sales team. The position of Associate Account Executive will be located in our Washington, D.C office.
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.
As an Associate Account Executive at Interfolio, you will:
- Master our faculty recruitment module and its associated competitive landscape.
- Build and maintain a territory-based pipeline with detailed notes and staging in Salesforce.
- Research, identify, and qualify net new business prospects within small- to mid-sized level accounts; support land and expand model.
- Be responsible for active prospecting and cold call outreach.
- Make market research a critical and rigorous part of daily work activities.
- Work with Regional Account Executives to achieve regional team goals.
- Be responsible for prioritizing and leading prospecting activities through our CRM database.
- Build a plan to maximize revenue and customer satisfaction within your region and/or named accounts.
- Create appropriate lists of prospects and contacts for email/phone campaigns, newsletter distribution, conference attendance, etc.
- Collaborate across various departments to prioritize, coordinate, and apply resources where needed.
- Exceed activity, pipeline, and revenue goals on a quarterly basis.
- Effectively demo Interfolio’s Faculty Search product via web presentations.
- Represent Interfolio at conferences and other networking events.
- We view this position as junior level Account Executive with a direct professional development path into a senior-level Account Executive role.
- Reports to the Sales Leadership Team.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
A big part of your day is going to be spent communicating with prospective clients and coordinating with your manager and senior Account Executives. Strong communication skills and team attitude are requirements.
Skills we’re looking for:
- Smart and strategic mind – we work with top level academic personnel
- Open to learning, receiving, and acting on feedback to improve results
- Seek opportunities for professional development
- Outgoing and hungry to be successful
- Demonstrate high accountability and ownership over pipeline and projects
- Strong desire to advance your career in Sales - the unapologetic sales professional
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with extrapolating value from a functionally robust platform in an effort to solve real problems vs sell features.
- Standout colleague and a committed to a high-functioning team
- Adaptable in an exciting environment – we’re a start up!
In addition, you should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-3 years selling SaaS solutions, preferably in Higher Education.
- Strong interest in higher education and or education technology.
- Experience with Salesforce.
- History of achievement: Proven and consistent track record of exceeding goals.
- High volume transactional sales experience and/or robust inside sales experience preferred.
- Be able to speak and write fluently in English (as a minimum requirement).
- Live within commutable distance of our office in Washington, D.C.
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, generous paid time off, a wellness benefit, and professional development opportunities. Our culture sets us apart – we look forward to you learning more about us!